Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grind the Faces of the Poor

What do you say to people who are ignorant? So caught up in their own version of "good will" that they push past the very idea that they represent? I've been irritated by some postings on the internet lately... reading hatred and anger hidden behind an avatar, some of which I found personally offensive. What I thought was a simple posting, turned into name calling, racism, and pure hate. I thought that the idea of "white entitlement" was an unspoken,impermissible antiquity, dying off with the last generation. It's depressing to hear that many Americans still feel this way, hiding behind closed doors, without a face... just a screen name. Comprehensive Immigration Reform is going to be difficult to achieve and I hope our President can make it happen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I've been living in Mexico now for about a two years with my hubby and 2 kids. Not exactly by choice, but we're here nonetheless. Luckily, I live with quite a few of the accomodations that i was used to in the states. In spite of those convienences, we also have a water tank with asbestos, outdated electricity, massive amounts of dust, caterpillars that burn your skin, and thousands of windshield washers on every street corner. My kiddos and I are learning to speak spanish and adjust to life away from our family and friends in the States.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails