Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tattoo Expo Monterrey



This week has been hella busy. Right after the Sex Expo, my parents flew in at midnight. A few days later, we headed off to the tattoo show in Monterrey. It went well. Didn't really take a whole lot of photos.. but we hung out with great people and sick ass tattoo artist from all over. Tattoos didn't stop at the expo. You could find them in the hotel by putting your ears up to the hotel door. All night you could hear machines running, beers popping and spanglish all over. It was awesome. I bought some new plugs and a ring. Hubby won best color tattoo. Sweet! Opened up some new connections too. We'll be helping out and assisting with the tattoo expo in Mexico City this upcoming June. Hubby will be airbrushing and donating a beach cruiser... and giving a seminar on color and tattoo layout. (His first was realism and portraits.) It's kinda nice for him to be recognized for his talents. :) Hmmm... what else. Almost missed our flight at 6 am and then it got delayed by 3 hours. I swear... only in Mexico. I'm still pretty exhausted. So...I'm outtie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is your shop located in Guad? I would love to get a tattoo from your husband.

Refried Dreamer said...

Hidalgo 973
esq enrique diaz de leon
Tatuajes de Reyes

hope to see ya there!

Mama of 4 said...

Looks like you had a great time. Congrats to your hubby, I just might have to stop by while Im in town next month!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog through my co-blogger El Random Hero's post at Citizen Orange. I also blog at change.org on immigration and immigrant rights. We have had a series of posts from undocumented students in an effort to raise visibility for the DREAM Act. I would also like to raise awareness of the fact that many U.S. citizen spouses and children are effectively given a deportation sentence when their non-citizen spouses are deported. I wonder if you would be interested in guest posting at change.org about your experiences with the U.S. immigration (in)justice system and your family's life in Mexico. If so, please contact me at dave at change dot org. And I like your blog.

Saludos,

Dave

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Sick tattoos. I will definitely meet up with you in Merida. October is my 30th birthday and I have been promising myself this tattoo for years. (I was going to get it when I found out I was pregnant.) October is perfect. Keep me posted.

Tess Young said...

Hello There,
I just wanted to see if you were currently interested in additional guest bloggers for your blog site.
I see that you've accepted some guest posters in the past - are there any specific guidelines you need me to follow while making submissions?
If you're open to submissions, whom would I need to send them to?
I'm eager to send some contributions to your blog and think that I can cover some interesting topics.
Thanks for your time,
Tess

About Me

My photo
I've been living in Mexico now for about a two years with my hubby and 2 kids. Not exactly by choice, but we're here nonetheless. Luckily, I live with quite a few of the accomodations that i was used to in the states. In spite of those convienences, we also have a water tank with asbestos, outdated electricity, massive amounts of dust, caterpillars that burn your skin, and thousands of windshield washers on every street corner. My kiddos and I are learning to speak spanish and adjust to life away from our family and friends in the States.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails