Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Get up and go.

I've been wanting to post this for some time now....

not because I have a bike...
or i'm hella athletic...
or that i currently use it....



Just for the fact that I hate hearing/reading that Mexico is so poor and every Mexican is fat and unhealthy. (nope, just the ones in the States)

This sign is up every Sunday on busy streets... (This one is on Vallarta) and not just one or two streets, but all over the city. The streets are shut down, which can be a huge pain in the ass if you don't know where you're going, and hundreds of people are out rollerblading, bike riding, and jogging.



Kudos to Mexico.

The U.S. needs something like this.

1 comment:

bordersaside said...

That is interesting that they do this. I find that their are fewer large people here. They do eat some crazy fat food but also a lot of fresh and made from scratch foods. Also most people walk aside from all the cars you see. One medical problem that seems to be for a lot of people here is kidney failure and I have yet to figure out why.

About Me

My photo
I've been living in Mexico now for about a two years with my hubby and 2 kids. Not exactly by choice, but we're here nonetheless. Luckily, I live with quite a few of the accomodations that i was used to in the states. In spite of those convienences, we also have a water tank with asbestos, outdated electricity, massive amounts of dust, caterpillars that burn your skin, and thousands of windshield washers on every street corner. My kiddos and I are learning to speak spanish and adjust to life away from our family and friends in the States.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails